"BRUNCH WITH BINGO DAY"
I AM EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THIS SUNDAY'S
"BRUNCH WITH BINGO DAY"
FOOD BOOK CHOICE IS.....
CLASSIC SOUTHERN DESSERTSBY THE EDITORS OF SOUTHERN LIVING
ABOUT THE COOKBOOK:All-Time Favorite Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Puddings, Cobblers, Ice Cream & MoreFrom the experts during Southern Living comes this all-new cookbook of classical Southern desserts updated to fit todays trends as good as ingredients.
Selected from the some-more than 10,000 dessert recipes fine-tuned in the Southern Living Test Kitchens over the past 40 years, Classic Southern Desserts is the idealisation treasury of best-ever recipes, foolproof baking advice, step-by-step techniques, as good as gorgeous visuals to spin even the kitchen novice in to the most appropriate baker in town. Whether its chocolate we crave or kid-friendly treats, recipes have been tagged to fit your needs. Healthy Treat as good as Bake & Freeze options infer there is something honeyed for any lifestyle as good as schedule.
From old-fashioned Orange-Pecan-Spice Pound Cake to new spins upon undying classics like Apple-Gingerbread Cobbler, we have been certain to fi! nd the r esources of new recipes to pass down in the family.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:For 40 years readers have trusted the experts during Southern Living magazine to inspire as good as beam their in progress for any as good as all occasions. Over sixteen million readers spin to the magazine monthly for satisfying recipes, stories, as good as uninformed ideas for kitchen, garden, as good as home. RECIPES:A integrate of Southern Living recipes to enjoy!
PRALINE BUNDT CAKEPREP: 30 min.; Bake: 1 hr., twenty-two min.; Cool: 1 hr.YIELD: Makes 12 servingsINGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package thickk cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-oz.) package dim brownish-red sugar
- 4 vast eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla e! xtract span>
- Praline Icing
- Sugared Pecans
2. Beat butter as good as thickk cream cheese during middle speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brownish-red sugar, beating until good blended. Add eggs, 1 during the time, beating only until blended after any addition.
3. Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour as good as next 3 ingredients. Add to butter reduction alternately with sour cream, beginning as good as finale with flour mixture. Beat batter during low speed only until blended after any addition. Stir in toasted pecans as good as vanilla. Spoon batter in to the greased as good as floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
4. Bake during 325 for 1 hour as good as fifteen mins or until the prolonged wooden collect inserted in core comes out clean. Cool baked sweat bread in vessel upon the handle shelve fifteen minutes; mislay from vessel to handle rack, as good as let cold 30 mins or until utterly cool.
5. Prepare Praline Icing, as good as ladle rught away over cake. Sprinkle top of baked sweat bread with Sugared Pecans.
ZESTY LEMON PIE
PREP: 6 hours, 20 minutesYIELD:! span>
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14-oz.) cans honeyed precipitated milk
- 1 cup uninformed lemon juice
- 1 cup defeat cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnishes: lemon slices, uninformed packet leaves
PREPARATION:1. Preheat oven to 350. Stir together initial 2 ingredients; add butter, stirring until blended. Press reduction upon bottom as good as up sides of the 9-inch deep-dish cake plate. Bake 10 minutes. Let cold utterly upon the handle shelve (about 30 minutes).
2. Whisk together egg yolks, honeyed precipitated milk, as good as lemon juice. Pour in to rebuilt crust.
3. Bake during 350 for fifteen minutes. Let cold utterly upon the handle shelve (about 1 hour). Cover as good as chill 4 hours.
4. Beat defeat thickk cream during tall speed with an electric mixer until foamy; progressively add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form; dollop over cold pie. Garnish, if desired. GIVEAWAY
I HAVE ONE COPY MYSELF TOGIVE AWAY OF THIS BRANDNEW HARD COPY, COOKBOOK! As required by the FCC: we perceiv! ed one d uplicate of this book/item in order to write my review. we perceived no monetary compensation for this review. The thoughts as good as opinions voiced in this examination have been mine alone. This post as good as all images contained herein have been 2010 BOOKIN' WITH BINGO's Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. If youre celebration of the mass this upon the site alternative than BOOKIN' WITH BINGO's Book Blog or its RSS feed, be wakeful which this post has been stolen as good as is being used but permission.
--U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY--NO P. O. BOXES---INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSIN CASE YOU WIN!--ALL COMMENTS MUST BE SEPARATE TOCOUNT AS MORE THAN ONE!
HOW TO ENTER:
+1 ENTRY: COMMENT ON WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT CLASSIC SOUTHERN DESSERTS AND WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO WIN THIS ONE
+1 MORE ENTRY: BLOG OR TWEET ABOUT THIS GIVEAWAY AND COME BACK AND LEAVE A LINK THAT we CAN FOLLOW
+1 MORE ENTRY: COMMENT ON ONE OTHER CURRENT GIVEAWAY YOU HAVE ENTERED HERE ON BOOKIN' WITH BINGO. COMMENT ON ONLY ONE THIS TIME, PLEASE (BUT ENTER AS MANY AS YOU WANT)
GIVEAWAY ENDS AT
6 PM, EST, JANUARY 5!GOOD LUCK!
Living & Leisure Buzz